The Healthy Living Campus Draft Environmental Impact Report (Draft EIR) is available below. The public comment period was held from March 10 – June 10, 2021 and is now closed. All official Draft EIR public comments received by the June 10, 2021 deadline will be included and responded to in the final Environmental Impact Report. The Final EIR can be viewed at bchdcampus.org/eir.
The Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) Board of Directors voted to certify the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the District’s Healthy Living Campus Master Plan, verifying the document complies with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The vote was taken during the Board Meeting Wed., Sept. 8, 2021 and was 5-0 in favor of certification, coming after two and a half hours of presentations, board deliberations and public comments. More than 300 public comments and responses were included in the 1,778-page Final EIR.
Next steps for the project include a review of the proposed plan and the six alternatives that were analyzed in the EIR. This process will include continued community outreach and trade-off discussions, public surveys, committee meetings and BCHD’s Strategic Planning meeting in October 2021.
View the Draft Environmental Impact Report in flipbook format by clicking on the images above. If you have trouble viewing the flipbook click here.
View the Draft Environmental Impact Report by PDF:
Draft Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
Healthy Living Campus Master Plan (PDF)
To view the Draft EIR Report by individual files and appendices, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Draft Environmental Impact Report Videos
The following videos provide a brief overview on a variety of topics in the Draft Environmental Impact Report by Nick Meisinger, NEPA/CEQA Project Manager from Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.
Individual Draft EIR Files (PDF)
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Project Description
- 3.0 Environmental Impact Analysis & Mitigation Measures
- 3.1 Aesthetics & Visual Resources
- 3.2 Air Quality
- 3.3 Biological Resources
- 3.4 Cultural Resources & Tribal Cultural Resources
- 3.5 Energy
- 3.6 Geology & Soils
- 3.7 Greenhouse Gas Emissions & Climate Change
- 3.8 Hazards & Hazardous Materials
- 3.9 Hydrology & Water Quality
- 3.10 Land Use & Planning
- 3.11 Noise
- 3.12 Population & Housing
- 3.13 Public Services
- 3.14 Transportation
- 3.15 Utilities & Service Systems
- 4.0 Other CEQA Considerations
- 5.0 Alternatives
- 6.0 List of Preparers
- 7.0 References
Individual Appendices Files (PDF)
- Appendix A: Initial Study / Notice of Preparation & Scoping Comments
- Appendix B: HHRA & CalEEMod AQ Calculation Results
- Appendix C: Biological Resources
- Appendix D: Cultural Resources Technical Studies
- Appendix E: Construction Fuel Consumption Calculations
- Appendix F: Geotechnical Studies
- Appendix G: Phase I & II ESA
- Appendix H: Hydrology and Water Quality Study
- Appendix I: Noise Modeling Results
- Appendix J: Non-CEQA Intersection Operational Evaluation
- Appendix K: Vehicle Miles Traveled Study
- Appendix L: Utilities & Services Systems
- Appendix M: Shade & Shadow Study